- 5apps Storage is a commercial remoteStorage provider that currently offers free storage accounts.
- IndieHosters offers (paid) managed hosting of remoteStorage on both shared and custom domains.
Host your own
- php-remote-storage is a remoteStorage server written in PHP. (Docker image)
- mysteryshack is a remoteStorage server written in Rust. (Docker image)
- armadietto is a remoteStorage server based on node.js
Integrate into existing systems
- remotestorage-server is a node.js module, which can be used as basis for your own remoteStorage server, implementing the core HTTP behavior.
- Liquor Cabinet is a remoteStorage HTTP API server based on Sinatra (Ruby). It supports S3-compatible object storages and OpenStack Swift as storage backends.
Hints for self-hosting
There is a very old, long-running bug in the Apache web server, which breaks remoteStorage sync. (In short, 304 HTTP responses get their CORS headers stripped unintentionally, so the response can never be received at an Unhosted app.)
It is close to being resolved, but as of yet, you need to use a server that does HTTP and CORS correctly. Most people use Nginx as a reverse proxy, but any other compliant web server works as well.
The following RS servers are not under active development anymore and need updating in order to conform to modern spec versions. If you're a developer, you might want to pick up existing code in your favorite language instead of starting from scratch: